carrierlist.co - Today's work recruitment is very aggressive, which is why should you perform wisely in fact it is not only a hard course of action. carrierlist.co offers you probability to undertake it so you could help to make the proper decision within greater technique to find speedy and also much better end result. This way you'll get better probability in addition to better are living sometime soon. FairFax Water is amongst the firms that one could believe in to supply family and friends suitable along with far better dwell later on. Joining this provider is likely to make anyone in a position to attain your own objective simpler and produce your own aspiration becoming reality.
To make the business eyesight as well as mission happens correct; FairFax Water can be open intended for brand new situation seeing that Position as Plant Mechanic I/II Companies FairFax Water in Lorton, VA in January 2018 in Lorton, VA begin with January 2018. Anyone who's considering stuffing this empty, please participate in that Position as Plant Mechanic I/II Companies FairFax Water in Lorton, VA in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment throughout Lorton, VA. It's encouraged for everyone individuals to organize most necessary demands because of this career recruitment course of action, as the practice will be needing someone to give suited spec that this business wishes because of this position. If you feel that you are this can populate the standards, you can search you just read more information about Position as Plant Mechanic I/II Companies FairFax Water in Lorton, VA in January 2018 January 2018 in Lorton, VA below..
Plant Mechanic I/IICompany FairFax Water
Location Lorton, VA
Update 5 Day ago
Examples of Duties:
Performs a variety of semi-skilled maintenance tasks by:
- Assisting higher level Plant Maintenance Mechanics in maintaining, repairing, troubleshooting, installing, modifying, overhauling and assembling plant processing equipment to include: pumps, flocculation equipment, mixers, speed reducers, gear boxes, chain and belt drives, chemical feed systems, valve actuators and other equipment.
- Assisting with plumbing, pipefitting, and welding tasks and performing general maintenance and repair work on building structures and grounds utilizing hand and power tools.
- Assisting in preventive maintenance tasks to include inspecting and lubricating plant equipment and machinery in accordance with the preventive maintenance schedule.
- Handling, transporting and removing hazardous materials according to proper safety procedures.
- Supporting operations, electrical, HVAC and Instrumentation departments as required.
- Providing information as required to complete computerized records of work required, work performed, materials used and costs, in a detailed and timely manner.
- Removing snow and other grounds related clean up tasks when necessary.
- Performing custodial functions as required in assigned work areas.
- Assisting in keeping maintenance vehicles, tools, equipment, and assigned work areas clean and orderly.
- Assisting in minor maintenance to vehicles.
- Operating various equipment and machinery to include: backhoes, fork lifts, dump trucks, hand and power tools, snow plows, snow blowers, gauges and safety equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Graduation from high school and a minimum of two years related industrial mechanical maintenance experience, or any equivalent combination of education, experience and knowledge.
- Aptitude for performing general mechanical tasks.
- Knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in plant maintenance.
- Familiarity with occupational hazards, accident prevention techniques, and personal protective equipment associated with mechanical work and hazardous chemicals.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations and use precision measuring devices.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to read, understand and follow manufacturer's service repair manuals and materials safety data sheet.
- Ability to operate heavy construction machinery and hand and power tools in a skillful and safe manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public
- Must pass a controlled substance (drug) test for employment. This position is also subject to random testing after hire.
- Possession of a valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a Commercial Driver's License within one year. (Corbalis Plant only)
- Possession of or ability to obtain a Pesticide Applicator's Certification from the Commonwealth of Virginia within one year. (Griffith Plant only)
- Completion of a Coast Guard approved boating safety course within one year.
- Ability to work overtime and standby as required and to perform work at other Authority facilities other than the principle location.
- Ability to work unscheduled hours during emergency and/or unusual situations (24-hours/7 days a week).
- Willingness to learn and perform skilled mechanical tasks up to and including those of a full performance level as a means of increasing knowledge of the mechanical trade and developing the necessary skills required for advancement.
- Must pass a respiratory physical for respirator and self-contained breathing apparatus use and a respiratory fit test. Must maintain personal grooming standards for effective use of the equipment.
- Working conditions may include - Exposure to noise, odors, heat, cold, dust, fumes, vapors or mist, hazardous materials and conditions.
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds and climb ladders, steps, and scaffolding.
- Ability to perform manual physical labor that may include long periods of standing, bending, twisting, stooping and climbing.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to wear a respirator.