carrierlist.co - Today's career recruitment can be quite competing, that's why you need to do the job properly in fact it is not really a hard course of action. carrierlist.co will give you chance to undertake it so that you could help to make the right selection with much better strategy to acquire rapid as well as greater effect. This way you'll get better probability and also more secure reside down the road. Department of the Army is one of the corporations you can confidence to give family and friends ideal along with better live sometime soon. Subscribing to the corporation can make an individual capable of accomplish the goal less difficult along with help to make the desire come true.
To create the business imaginative and prescient vision as well as quest happens accurate; Department of the Army will be available with regard to new position while Position as EPIDEMIOLOGIST Companies Department of the Army in San Diego, CA in January 2018 within San Diego, CA originate from January 2018. Everyone who's thinking about answering this specific empty, you should take part in this kind of Position as EPIDEMIOLOGIST Companies Department of the Army in San Diego, CA in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment throughout San Diego, CA. It truly is advised for many members to arrange all needed needs with this career recruitment process, because practice requires that you allow suitable specification that the company desires just for this situation. If you think you are the one that could fill up the options, you can attempt to learn more information about Position as EPIDEMIOLOGIST Companies Department of the Army in San Diego, CA in January 2018 January 2018 in San Diego, CA below..
EPIDEMIOLOGISTCompany Department of the Army
Location San Diego, CA
Update 6 Day ago
About the Position:
This position is located in the Naval Health Research Center, Point Loma, California near San Diego. If selected, you will serve as the technical expert and authority in data collection and epidemiology analysis of the demographic characteristics to include risk factors for extremity trauma and amputation population for the DoD-VA Extremity Trauma and Amputation Center of Excellence (EACE). The mission of EACE is to serve as the nation's premiere center for promoting excellence in the mitigation, treatment, rehabilitation and research for our Service members and Veterans with traumatic extremity injuries. You will advise and assist the EACE Chief of Research and Surveillance Division in the planning and execution of investigations of focused surveillance projects, and comprehensive health outcomes research in the extremity trauma and amputation population to provide data for the ongoing debate on amputation versus limb salvage (LS) treatments and improvement of rehabilitation and reintegration programs. The work encompasses providing injury rates and trends, identification of risk factors, design of epidemiological investigations, complex multi-source statistical data analyses, interpretations, conclusions, and development of reports and peer-reviewed journal articles to assess the long-term surveillance of health outcomes, medical care and costs, significantly affect the context, interpretation and development of policies or programs concerning extremity trauma and limb loss health matters throughout DoD and potentially the VA.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
Responsibilities As an Epidemiologist, you will:
- Investigate long-term surveillance of health outcomes for combat amputee and limb salvage patient populations to provide quantitative results.
- Design focused surveillance projects and comprehensive health outcomes research.
- Track quality of life outcomes of extremity trauma and amputation patients in order to provide relevant guidance.
- Develop recommendations regarding injury and illness reduction techniques in order to give consultative assistance as needed.
- Document relative impacts of injuries and secondary health effects among the population being studied to prepare results to facilitate decision making.
Travel Required 25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Supervisory status No
Who May Apply This job is open to… US Citizens, ICTAP Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 53 position.
- 25% Business Travel may be required.
- Secret Security Clearance is required for this position.
Qualifications In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized experience is defined as: mastery of the professional concepts, principles and practices of epidemiology and disease surveillance, and knowledge in resolving epidemiologic problems found in the extremity trauma and amputation population. Mastery of retrieving, analyzing, organizing and arraying data and must have in-depth knowledge of Statistical Analysis System (SAS) software. Must possess track record of manuscript preparation for publication in peer-reviewed journals as evidenced by publications list on resume.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Care Management
- Patient Intervention
Education Applicants must have successfully completed a full four-year of study at an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of this position.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please submit your foreign education evaluation with your application.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- You may claim military spouse preference, see the information in the Military Spouse Preference Under Delegated Examining Procedures information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 53 - medical position.
How You Will Be Evaluated You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating : Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. See Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website .
Background checks and security clearance Security clearance Secret
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
Your resume :
- Your resume may be submitted in any format.
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application will be marked as incomplete and you will not receive consideration for this position.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements: You MUST submit a copy of your transcript if you want to substitute your education for experience. If you claim qualifications based on education, and do not submit a transcript, your education will not be used in making a qualification determination and you may be found "not qualified." See: Transcripts and Licenses
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Benefits for federal employees
- Healthcare insurance
- Pay and leave
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.