carrierlist.co - Today's career recruitment can be quite competing, that's why you need to do the job properly in fact it is not really a hard course of action. carrierlist.co will give you chance to undertake it so that you could help to make the right selection with much better strategy to acquire rapid as well as greater effect. This way you'll get better probability and also more secure reside down the road. Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration is one of the corporations you can confidence to give family and friends ideal along with better live sometime soon. Subscribing to the corporation can make an individual capable of accomplish the goal less difficult along with help to make the desire come true.
To create the business imaginative and prescient vision as well as quest happens accurate; Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration will be available with regard to new position while Position as Lead Dental Assistant Companies Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration in San Antonio, TX in January 2018 within San Antonio, TX originate from January 2018. Everyone who's thinking about answering this specific empty, you should take part in this kind of Position as Lead Dental Assistant Companies Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration in San Antonio, TX in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment throughout San Antonio, TX. It truly is advised for many members to arrange all needed needs with this career recruitment process, because practice requires that you allow suitable specification that the company desires just for this situation. If you think you are the one that could fill up the options, you can attempt to learn more information about Position as Lead Dental Assistant Companies Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration in San Antonio, TX in January 2018 January 2018 in San Antonio, TX below..
Lead Dental AssistantCompany Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Location San Antonio, TX
Update 5 Day ago
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm (ALM) and Randolph 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Functional Statement Title/#: Lead Dental Assistant
U.S. citizenship. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
English Language Proficiency. Dental Assistants must be proficient in spoken and written English.
Experience and Education.
(1) Experience . Six months experience that demonstrates the applicant's ability to perform the work, or provides familiarity with the work. OR,
(2) Education . Successful completion of a 1-year dental assistant program accredited by the American Dental Association's Commission on [Dental] Accreditation [(CODA)]. OR,
(3) Experience/Education Combination . Equivalent combinations of experience and education are qualifying.
Certification . Public Law 97-35 requires that persons who administer radiologic procedures meet the credentialing standards in 42 CFR Part 75. Essentially, they must have successfully completed an educational program that meets or exceeds the standards described in that regulation, and is accredited by an organization recognized by the Department of Education, and be certified as radiographers in their field.
(1) Provisions for Certification of Radiologic Competence
(a) Successful completion of the Dental Radiation Health and Safety Examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board, Inc.; OR,
(b) Successful completion of the Principles and Practice of Dental Radiology and Radiographic Safety courses and examinations developed by the Assistant Under Secretary for Health for Dentistry. OR,
(c) Successful completion of a radiation health and safety program or examination approved by a state board of dentistry or the Department of Defense (DoD).
(2) Non-certified applicants who otherwise meet the eligibility requirements for certification of radiologic competence may be given a temporary appointment as a graduate dental assistant under the authority of 38 U.S.C. § 7405 (a) (1) (D). Failure to obtain certification during that period is justification for termination of the temporary appointment. This will result in removal from the GS-681 series and may result in termination of employment.
(3) Certification in basic life support methods is highly desirable.
(4) Certification by the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB). The American Dental Association (ADA) recognizes DANB as the national certification for Dental Assistants. The DANB certification is required for this position.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs(e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
GRADE DETERMINATIONS: GS-7Lead Dental Assistant
Employee works with the supervisor or Chief Dental Service to monitor and make work assignments, provide input on performance, resolve daily workplace issues, and maintain efficient flow of patient care; may approve brief periods of leave, provide training to staff dental assistants, students and/or trainees; may recommend special advancements and promotions, disciplinary actions, etc. Assignments at this level include but are not limited to: provides instruction to other assistants in achieving diagnostic quality radiographs, provides instruction in maintenance of all dental service equipment, provides primary support to the chief for the daily delivery of department programs, reporting, staffing and scheduling, coordinates the patients' care plans to reduce redundancies and delay in patient treatment.
Experience. At least 1 year of experience equivalent to the next lower grade level that demonstrates the core competencies described at that level. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate the [following] technical Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
1. Advanced knowledge of dental assisting across multiple areas of practice, and demonstrated ability to provide guidance to staff dental assistants.
2. Skill in coordinating clinical work flow and assignments.
3. Ability to assist in dental program development, outcome management, and strategic planning.
4. Skill in acting as liaison between staff dental assistants and the supervisor.
5. Ability to provide professional oversight and consultation for staff dental assistants.
References: Input applicable VA Handbook 5005 reference and appropriate VA Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. Physical Requirements: Moderate liftingand carrying (15-44 lbs);Use of fingers; Both hands required; Walking (up to4 hour); Standing (up to4 hour); Repeated bending (up to 2 hours);Specific visual requirement (DVA and NVA binocular 20/20);Ability to distinguish basic colors; Hearing (aid permitted).
You must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. CV or Resume (required).
2. VA Form 10-2850c - Application for Associated Health Occupations (Available at http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850c-fill.pdf ) ( required).
3. Occupational Questionnaire ( required). View Occupational Questionnaire
4. If prior military service, include all copies of your DD Forms 214 ( required). Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must also complete and submit an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference (available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf ).
Please use this checklist to make sure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, etc. You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), or 10pt (CP/CPS, XPP, XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP), on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section(s) provided. A legible copy of your DD214(s) indicating character of service, disability certification, SF-15 (if claiming 10 pt. preference) or if you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within 120 days; documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Documentation is required for eligibility verification.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options . The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1999432.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.