carrierlist.co - Today's career recruitment is quite aggressive, that may be why should you function wisely and it is an excellent difficult action to take. carrierlist.co will provide you with probability to practice it therefore you would be able to make the best choice inside greater technique to obtain speedy and also greater result. Because of this you will get far better possibility as well as safer live in the future. Commonwealth of Massachusetts is probably the businesses you can confidence to provide your household suitable along with much better stay down the road. Becoming a member of this provider will make anyone able to attain ones goal less complicated along with make ones dream becoming reality.
To help to make this company eyesight as well as vision comes true; Commonwealth of Massachusetts is usually open up regarding brand-new placement because Position as Vocational Training Program Coordinator Companies Commonwealth of Massachusetts in Boston, MA in January 2018 throughout Boston, MA begin as January 2018. Everybody who's considering filling that nonincome producing, you need to attend this kind of Position as Vocational Training Program Coordinator Companies Commonwealth of Massachusetts in Boston, MA in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment inside Boston, MA. It can be advised for everyone members to prepare all necessary demands just for this task recruitment procedure, because practice need that you provide suited spec that this corporation would like just for this situation. If you believe that you'll be this can easily complete the particular specs, you can search to see more information about Position as Vocational Training Program Coordinator Companies Commonwealth of Massachusetts in Boston, MA in January 2018 January 2018 in Boston, MA below..
Vocational Training Program CoordinatorCompany Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Location Boston, MA
Update 8 Day ago
The Vocational Training Program Coordinator is responsible for the oversight of daily operations within this inpatient psychiatric vocational training program as well as shared administrative and clinical leadership for the Rehab Services Department. The person in this position will also work directly with patients individually and in group settings to achieve rehabilitation goals designed for successful transition to community living.
Duties and Responsibilities (these duties are a general summary and not all inclusive):
As the leader within the Rehab Services with responsibility for vocational training, the person in this position will provide direct supervision to assigned rehab counseling staff which includes modeling and direction of quality rehab and job coaching, clinical supervision, and completing employee performance evaluations. He or she will also oversee daily operations of current vocational training worksites as well as the creation and development of new training opportunities. This includes oversight of patient hiring, payroll and budget management.
As a leader within the Rehab Services Department the person in this position will also participate in the Rehab Steering Committee whose role it is to assure effective rehab program development with input from staff and sensitive to current patient needs which also reflects good practice and current trends in rehabilitation. This role also requires directing and providing coverage as needed to ensure smooth operations of all programming daily.
Also as a leader in this role the successful candidate will be able to develop and manage a rehab counseling academic fieldwork affiliation with a focus on vocational rehabilitation.
The person in this position will participate in an assigned unit’s rehab team and unit multi-disciplinary team to provide direct rehabilitation services to patients including facilitation of unit based groups and working with individuals towards their identified treatment goals.
Master’s degree in Vocational Rehabilitation or related field.
Certification as Certified Rehab Counselor.
Experience working with adults living with severe and persistent mental illness.
Excellent organizational and writing skills.
Ability to work collaboratively and demonstrated effective communication skills.
Valid Massachusetts driver’s license and ability to drive 15 passenger van.
Given the population served, bilingual or multilingual fluency.
At the Lemuel Shattuck Hospital, we take pride in helping people recover from illnesses and conditions that are often underserved or difficult to manage in other health care settings. The DMH units within the Hospital provide inpatient psychiatric services to adults with serious mental illness with the goal of enhancing autonomy, safety and return to the community.
Patients are treated by a multidisciplinary team, led by attending psychiatrists which also includes psychologists, clinical social workers, psychiatric nurses, mental health workers, occupational therapists and rehabilitative staff specializing in vocational, recreational and expressive therapies. A variety of treatment modalities are used, including psychopharmacologic, psychotherapeutic (individual, group and family), psycho-educational, behavioral, cognitive and milieu therapies.
Shift Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Days Off: Saturday, Sunday
A criminal background check will be completed on the recommended candidate as required by the regulations set forth by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services prior to the candidate being hired. For more information, please visit http://www.mass.gov/hhs/cori
Education, licensure and certifications will be verified in accordance with the Human Resources Division's Hiring Guidelines
Education and license/certification information provided by the selected candidate is subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law and may be published on the Commonwealth's website.
For assistance please contact Health Human Resources at (617) 971-3732.
This requisition will remain open until filled; however, first consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS:
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE: At least five years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, professional experience in social work, social casework, vocational counseling, employment counseling, rehabilitation counseling, or educational counseling. Based on assignment to second-level supervisory positions, at least one year of this experience must have been in a supervisory capacity.
- A Bachelor's or higher degree in rehabilitation, vocational rehabilitation counseling, education of the physically or emotionally handicapped, education of the multiple handicapped, education of the learning disabled, social work, psychology, human services, or counseling may be substituted for the required nonsupervisory experience on the basis of two years of education for one year of experience.
- A Bachelor's or higher degree in a major other than rehabilitation, vocational rehabilitation counseling, education of the physically or emotionally handicapped, education of the multiple handicapped, education of the learning disabled, social work, psychology, human services, or counseling may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required nonsupervisory experience on the basis of four years of education for one year of experience.
- A Master's or higher degree in social work, psychology, human services, rehabilitation, vocational rehabilitation counseling, or counseling may be substituted for an additional year of the required nonsupervisory experience on the basis of two years of education for one year of experience.
- Licensure as a Licensed Rehabilitation Counselor by the Board of Registration of Allied Mental Health Professionals or Certification as a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor by the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification may be substituted for three years of the required non-supervisory experience.
- No substitution will be permitted for the required supervisory experience.
- One year of education equals 30 semester hours. Education toward a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.