carrierlist.co - Today's task recruitment is quite aggressive, that's why should you work properly which is not really a difficult activity. carrierlist.co will provide you with possiblity to do it therefore you would be able to make the best choice in far better strategy to obtain rapid as well as much better result. Because of this you'll get far better possibility and better reside down the road. Novo Nordisk is amongst the corporations that you could confidence to present you and your family appropriate as well as greater are living in the foreseeable future. Joining this provider will always make a person competent to accomplish your own target easier and help make your current aspiration become a reality.
To produce the business eye-sight in addition to quest arrives genuine; Novo Nordisk is actually open pertaining to completely new location as Position as SENIOR SCIENTIST - BIOLOGY Job Companies Novo Nordisk in Indianapolis, IN in January 2018 within Indianapolis, IN begin as January 2018. Everybody who's keen on filling this empty, remember to engage in that Position as SENIOR SCIENTIST - BIOLOGY Job Companies Novo Nordisk in Indianapolis, IN in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment with Indianapolis, IN. It truly is suggested for many participants to prepare just about all important needs just for this job recruitment treatment, because procedure need someone to allow suited spec the firm would like for this situation. If you are that you'll be one that could populate the particular specs, you can look at to read more info about Position as SENIOR SCIENTIST - BIOLOGY Job Companies Novo Nordisk in Indianapolis, IN in January 2018 January 2018 in Indianapolis, IN below..
SENIOR SCIENTIST - BIOLOGY JobCompany Novo Nordisk
Location Indianapolis, IN
Update 8 Day ago
Title SENIOR SCIENTIST - BIOLOGY
Job Category Research
Job Description PURPOSE:
The Peptide Therapeutic Discovery Department at Novo Nordisk Research Center Indianapolis, Inc. (NNRCI) will focus on the discovery of peptide and protein-based bio-therapeutics for the treatment of diabetes and obesity. This position will play a critical role in moving projects from target validation to clinical candidate selection.
Reports to the Director of Biology, or a similarly seasoned research scientist. Internal relationships include the project teams and research colleagues at the NNRCI and globally at Novo Nordisk research laboratories. External relationships include relevant parts of the peptide & protein sciences and obesity & diabetes biology research community.
- Demonstrates technical proficiency, scientific creativity and independent thought.
- Strong understanding of theoretical knowledge and expertise in protein engineering and production.
- Design, implement, and perform workflow cascades for medicinal protein engineering projects that include molecular design, vector cloning, recombinant protein expression, folding, purification, and biophysical characterization.
- Accurately interpret experimental data regarding structure-activity relationships, formulate conclusions, and communicate data internally and externally.
- Influences project strategy providing expert input to project teams on protein related issues.
- Assist interpretation of high throughput bioanalytical screening including cell-based functional assays and in vivo pharmacology.
- Routinely generates new ideas, systematically evaluates new technologies and implements those that add value.
- Archiving biological results to support external presentations, including any regulatory documents associated with advancement to clinical study.
- Track novel biochemical, recombinant, purification, and bioconjugation methods and related technologies that can be employed at the NNRCI to drive molecular innovation in peptide & protein engineering and formulation.
- Maintains up-to-date scientific awareness and expertise in the fields of drug discovery and metabolic diseases by attending relevant conferences and frequent review of recent scientific articles and patent literature.
- Capable of working independently and proactively, while tracking publically accessible competitive activity, most notably proficient in the interpretation and assembly of patent applications.
- Effectively communicate with supervisor, colleagues and external key opinion leaders to promote a world-class research environment.
- Visible contribution to external community by publishing and presenting, as deemed corporately appropriate.
- May lead research projects and programs through cross collaboration of onsite teams as well as global research within Novo Nordisk.
- Understanding of the requirements and experience with the process of transitioning a preclinical discovery to a clinical candidate.
- Approximately 0-10% overnight travel
- PhD in Biochemistry, Biotechnology or Molecular Biology. Substantial relevant experience may be substituted for PhD requirement.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of postdoctoral experience, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of industry experience in pharmaceutical research and development, or equivalent. Prior work in Pharma/Biotech or close exposures to R&D process in a commercial setting will be considered an additional strength.
- Track record of scientific excellence with a large body of work; effective in trouble shooting, innovation and team player mentality.
- Highly skilled in recombinant native protein production with specialization in microbial systems.
- Expertise in column chromatography techniques and principles. Hands on experience with ion exchange, affinity, HIC, SEC; substantial experience with AKTA purification systems; experience in protein characterization methods including endotoxin analysis, post translational modification, biophysical properties, etc.
- Expertise in semi-synthetic and biosynthetic protein ligation strategies.
- Ability to thoroughly evaluate and critique results obtained within the department, with particular emphasis on structure-activity relationships, bio-conjugation, and purification.
- Ability to exercise discretion and autonomous judgment in developing protocols, methods, and techniques used to obtain results for challenging biological questions.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, and interpersonal skills to seamlessly fit within a teamwork driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently within cross-functional teams to meet specific goals.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of complex scientific procedures with technical proficiency.
- Prior work in Pharma/Biotech or close exposures to R&D process in a commercial setting will be considered an additional strength.
- Expertise in various protein purification techniques, notably chromatography processes such as but not limited to size exclusion, ion exchange, affinity, hydrophobic interaction, or HPLC.
- Expertise in small-scale, prokaryotic cell culture and fermentation with an emphasis on recombinant protein expression.
- Expertise in orthogonal, semi-synthetic, bio-conjugation processes involving the use of bifunctional linker chemistries, reductive amination, and other protein ligation techniques.
- Advanced knowledge pertaining to metabolism and pathophysiology of various metabolic diseases is highly desirable.
- Advanced knowledge on bioprocess method development and optimization to improve protein yield.
- Proficient in current molecular biology, cell engineering, and protein production technologies, including DNA/RNA isolation from cells/tissues, cloning/sub-cloning, target vector design, etc.
- Proficient in amino acid biochemistry and relationships to aid in the molecular design and medicinal chemistry of peptides and proteins based on in vitro and in vivo pharmacological results.
- Proficient in biophysical characterization of expressed proteins, including stability assessments, aggregation properties, and formulation.
- Basic knowledge in structural biology to aid in protein design.
Position Location US - Indianapolis, Indiana
State/Provinces US - IN
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Novo Nordisk will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call the U.S. Toll Free number at 1-855-411-5290 or click on the following link to submit your request: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/novoaccommodation . Please note we do not accept applications for employment or employment related solicitations through this site. If you are requesting special assistance, please specify your request by selecting "Yes" in Question 2 on the site. We will not be able to respond to requests unless you specify the need for special assistance or an accommodation in Question 2. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.