carrierlist.co - Today's task recruitment is extremely competing, which is why you ought to operate wisely and it's not just a tricky activity. carrierlist.co offers you possiblity to get it done therefore you could create the correct determination within much better technique to find quick and much better consequence. Doing this you will definately get much better prospect as well as less hazardous dwell in the foreseeable future. The Chefs' Warehouse is probably the firms that you can rely on to supply family and friends appropriate as well as much better reside sometime soon. Subscribing to the corporation can make you competent to achieve the aim much easier and help to make your aspiration be realized.
To create the business imaginative and prescient vision in addition to quest occurs accurate; The Chefs' Warehouse will be wide open intended for fresh place because Position as Logistics Manager Companies The Chefs' Warehouse in Chicago, IL in January 2018 within Chicago, IL begin with January 2018. All people who's thinking about filling up this empty, you should engage in that Position as Logistics Manager Companies The Chefs' Warehouse in Chicago, IL in January 2018 January 2018 recruitment throughout Chicago, IL. It can be well-advised for many individuals to get ready many required demands just for this work recruitment course of action, because the method will be needing that you supply acceptable specification how the firm needs due to this position. If you think that you're this may load the actual spec, you can try to see further information about Position as Logistics Manager Companies The Chefs' Warehouse in Chicago, IL in January 2018 January 2018 in Chicago, IL below..
Logistics ManagerCompany The Chefs' Warehouse
Location Chicago, IL
Update 7 Day ago
The Chefs' Warehouse is a specialty food distributor that began sourcing products for high-end chefs over 30 years ago. With locations in New York City, Washington D.C., San Francisco, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Portland, Miami, and more, The Chefs' Warehouse serves the finest restaurants, country clubs, hotels, caterers, culinary schools and specialty food stores around the country.
We define specialty food products as gourmet foods and ingredients that are of the highest grade, quality or style as measured by their uniqueness, exotic origin or particular processing method. Our product portfolio consists of imported and domestic specialty food products, such as artisan charcuterie, specialty cheeses, oils and vinegars, hormone-free protein, truffles, caviar and chocolate.
Responsible for managing, coordinating, and improving the Operational activity of Outbound Logistics for the Allen Brothers business unit.
- Drive the design, development, implementation and management of cost effective logistic solutions for all Allen Brothers customers, primarily delivered via LTL or Parcel freight.
- Responsible for facilitating 3P & LTL handling and physical movement of freight as required (including Bonded, temperature controlled and other current and/or future special areas).
- Help Define and Manage the Small Parcel (B2C) business from a Logistics perspective, including Freight Audit and Claims.
- Monitor key performance indicators of delivery partners (productivity improvements, shipping costs, drive time, etc.) and provide direction for continuous improvement.
- Define, communicate and maintain Logistic SOPs and Claims procedures.
- Manage tactical logistic initiatives designed to maximize efficiency and cost of product delivery.
- Prepare and recommend operating budgets for approval. Monitors spending for adherence to budget, recommends variances as necessary.
- Manage packaging procurement and replenishment process
Cross-Functional Collaboration with:
- Purchasing: Align protein and packaging strategies for Allen brothers with the entire Protein business
- Protein Production: Ensure manufacturing schedules align with key customer and inventory needs
- Warehouse Operations: Ensure rotation, shipping and inventory management actions are executed
- Customer Service: Align processes, priorities and communications for key accounts
- IT: Ensure all systems are properly maintained and tuned for optimal performance
- Finance: Enable accurate and timely freight cost allocations
- Shippers: Act as direct point of contact with UPS/FedEx and LTL carriers for national deliveries and Allen Brothers carriers to ensure on-time delivery performance at cost effective rates.
- Packaging Suppliers: Manage supply chain decisions for packaging design and procurement
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university preferred
- 2 - 5 years Logistics and Transportation experience
- Previous food service distribution and/or food importing experience strongly preferred
- Computer skills (Microsoft Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, ERP System, etc.)
- Canopy and JDE system experience a plus
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and basic technology proficiency (Excel, PPT, etc.)
- Self-starter, professional, goal oriented and able to handle multiple tasks
- Must have a sense of urgency and be able to work under pressure, be comfortable in a fast-paced, metrics-driven environment
- Flexible with the ability to work well with all departments and levels of staff both internally & externally
Job Type: Full-time
- Logistics: 2 years